Safal Steel (Pty) Ltd complies with The Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (POPIA) which requires that personal information belonging to any individual, be processed lawfully and in a manner that does not violate an individual’s right to privacy.
As part of the Company’s implementation, Safal Steel (Pty) Ltd (hereafter also referred to as “the Company”) is obliged to provide customers, vendors, and suppliers (“Customers”) with a Privacy Notice, the purpose of which, is to notify the Customer about the personal data which the Company holds and how the Customer can expect personal data to be used, and for which purposes.
Safal Steel (Pty) Ltd is a “data controller” for the Customer’s personal information and this means that the Company is responsible for deciding how Customer personal information is processed.
Data Protection Principles
Safal Steel (Pty) Ltd must comply with data protection law which says that the personal data held about the Customer must be:
– Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
– Collected only for valid purposes and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
– Relevant and limited only to those purposes.
– Accurate and kept up to date.
– Kept securely.
– Retained for the appropriate period.
– Destroyed, disposed of, or deidentified as soon as reasonably practicable after the Company is no longer authorised to retain the record.
The kind of information held by the Company
The personal information collected about the Customers is limited to:
– Customer company information.
– Information about the Customer’s personnel (possibly including but not limited to name, company name, department, title, photographs, company address, work email addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, educational background, work history, qualifications, bank account number).
– Information about transactions and payment between the Company and the Customer.
– Any public information which the Customer has shared.
How Customer personal data is collected
Safal Steel (Pty) Ltd may collect personal data about the Customer in several different ways including, but not limited to the following:
– Resulting from an existing business relationship, with consent.
– If the Company has a reason to do so, for example, to provide company services, to communicate with the Customer, or to help us communicate with the Customer better (i.e., via Mailers or the website).
– When the Customer communicates with the Company or its employees or Operators, via form, email, phone or otherwise. (the Company may store a copy of the communications as permitted by applicable law).
– If a person applies for a job with the Company, they may provide personal information as part of the application process.
– Via third-party services who may give the Company a customer’s personal information, like mailing addresses or contact numbers, for business purposes. The Company may use this information for marketing purposes such as mailers advertising services. Opt out options are available via these services.
Use of Customer Personal Information
Safal Steel (Pty) Ltd will only use Customer personal data when the law allows, such as when:
– Required to perform the contract agreement. – Required to comply with any legal obligations.
– It is necessary for legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and the Customer’s interests, where fundamental rights do not override those interests.
– Entering into the contract with Customers.
– Maintaining and developing our relationship with Customers.
– Fulfilling legal and regulatory obligations.
– Internal sharing of information necessary for business-related purposes.
Sharing of Customer Personal Information
Safal Steel (Pty) Ltd may share the Customer personal data within the company or with affiliated entities on a confidential basis, for the purpose of performing the services agreed to within Customer business contracts and/or in compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements:
– For auditing and accounting purposes.
– With regulators, courts, and law enforcement agencies as necessary.
– In other circumstances where we have the Customer’s express consent to do so.
Safal Steel (Pty) Ltd has taken reasonable steps to ensure that the information that is held regarding the Customer is kept confidential and secure. In addition to personal data being kept electronically, the Company may also store physical documents on file.
Should the Customer wish to amend the personal data held by Safal Steel (Pty) Ltd, contact the Company Information Officer, via email at Willem.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Safal Steel (Pty) Ltd is not responsible for any losses arising directly or indirectly from any inaccurate and/or incomplete information provided by the Customer.
The Company will retain the Customer’s personal data only for as long as is reasonably necessary in the circumstances and in compliance with the SAICA guide on the retention of records.
In accordance with data privacy laws in certain jurisdictions in which the Company operates, the Customer has the right to request:
– Access to the personal data which is held by the Company regarding the Customer.
– Correction of personal data held by the Company regarding the Customer.
– The transfer of personal data to another party (The company will request written consent in this instance).
– The deletion of personal data if it is no longer under a legal obligation to process such data.
– Object to the processing of personal data.
Status of this Privacy Notice
The Company may review this Privacy Notice regularly and reserve the right to revise it, or any part of it, from time to time to reflect changes in the law, information security and technology practices or in the way in which we process your personal data.
If a customer has any questions about this Privacy Notice or wants to submit a written complaint to the Company about the handling of personal data, contact the Information Officer via email: Willem.email@example.com
Complaints regarding an alleged interference with personal information may be submitted to the Regulator, in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or online https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/contact.html.